Sunday, March 17, 2013

[Goals] The home...

... I will build.

Now this is something that has been on my mind for some time. I saw some articles a couple years ago about how to recycle spaces or create comfortable homes out of less than 500 square feet. Since seeing that it's been my obsession to live like that. A simplified life. A seamless connections with the outdoors, a life unhindered by huge bills, or any debt at all. A chance to have a tiny home but a huge life.


I looked around, searched some recycled spaces. Most were in cities or not really up my alley. It also occurred to me that not everyone wants to live small. So if I ever had to move the house would be a difficult sell. 


That's when I came across the blog about Little Yellow. Where a graduated musician decided to build her own home. And she put it on wheels! 



After reading her blog and salivating over her project I gathered that she had been inspired by a place called Tumbleweed Tiny Homes

It wasn't long before I was making my own plans to embark on the same journey. I know I have the resources as far as help would go. My dad is a brilliant builder and i am sure he'd have plenty of tips for me and maybe even be willing to give me some help. 



From there I'd hitch up my little house and find some land down in South Carolina or North Carolina and start my life. One in which I am almost entirely self sufficient, studying for my doctorate, and maybe opening the sandwich shop I've always dreamed of (Maybe even as a little trailer that I could hitch up to my truck and drive to the boardwalks!!!), and I would be starting this life, virtually debt free (on the house at least, schooling will be another matter).


I really love the Fencl and the Lusby. I can see myself making some adjustments here and there but overall I think the basic plans would suit me. Or if I was confident i had found my home I would try to build one of the cottages. A little less self sufficient and a little less mobile (duh) but still small and beautiful.


Some people might wonder how I would plan on supporting a family in such a small place. And to that I would simply say that when the time comes, the space will be found. :) or made. 


Love,


Jules



BUILDING COMMENCES IN FOUR TO FIVE YEARS - :D

No comments:

Post a Comment