Saturday, May 18, 2013

[Goal] Time Capsule...



Dear Julie,

5 years from now I hope to see that you've accomplished your goals. I hope you’re not still sitting there waiting for them to happen. I hope you made them happen with blood, sweat, and tears. I hope that you have moved out and launched your own life. I hope that you are where you want to be (and I secretly hope it’s in Charleston because I’m in love with those brick kitchens). I hope you’re looking towards starting that restaurant of yours or that you already have and I hope it wasn't easy.

I hope you didn't listen to everyone else. I hope the path you took was different. I hope you got lot’s of disapproving glances. I hope people thought you were stupid and reckless. I can’t wait to prove them wrong like you probably already have.

I hope that you put off relationships until you were ready. If you are in one now I hope he was your best friend first. I hope that you are moving slow, caring more about the adventures you’re in and less about what the future will hold.  The future is a product of the now. If you’re miserable in the relationship marriage sure as heck isn't going to fix it.

I hope you’ve let go of the past. Holding onto all that garbage has done nothing for you at this point. I would hate to hear you’re still dealing with that baggage so far ahead in the future.

You’re coming up on your 26th birthday! Be happy, you still have so much life to live. If you were following the dreams I made for you than that life is going to be a solid adventure. If you’re on a different path though I’m sure it’s for the right reasons.

Though something to remember, I know it can be tempting but whatever path you choose make sure it’s a path that will lead you to God. The God you’ve known your whole life. There is nothing more important than that. Your happiness depends on it more than anything else. Nothing is worth having to sacrifice your principles. If for whatever reason you are floating around in the dark now, get out of it. Nothing you have done is so bad that God will not have you back. In fact he never really lost track of you in the first place. You lost track of him. I hope that’s not the case.

I hope your life is full of light and love and I hope it was unexpected. I hope you took risks and I hope the outcomes surprised you. I hope you’re not alone. If you are though, just realize that your family is always there. Also that in a way you’re lucky to be on your own. Because no one understands you like you do.

Remember who you are. Never stop learning. Never stop the adventure.

Love,

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment